A “Capsule Wardrobe” are the essential items that are the work horse of your wardrobe; the pieces don’t go out of style, can be dressed up or down and can be used in multiple seasons.
How to build a capsule wardrobe:
- Start with a base colour (commonly pick two of black, white, navy or grey),
- Then add an accent colour (try a pop of gold, red or pink),
- Building upon this, add a few pieces with texture and pattern,
- Plus, footwear that get you everywhere,
- Also bag that carries your necessities and
- Finally, a scarf and accessories for pizazz and a pop of colour.
Typically a capsule wardrobe is 8-12 pieces that work together. They don't have to be boring or plain. The pieces that you choose will depend on your lifestyle and style expression. It is also the place to invest in the best quality items you can afford as your price per wear will determine your best value. Do not scrimp on quality or fit.
The capsule wardrobe helps us maximize our closet, make it easier to look great and even pack the best suitcase for the next flight out.
Need help putting together your best capsule wardrobe? This is a free service we have provided at C’est Sera for the last 18+ years! Come and see and feel the difference personalized customer service makes. 8239 104 Street.